Two commonly used methods for a request-response between a client and server are: GET and POST. But it has some differences, and that is given below.
GET Method :
- Get request can be cached in browser.
- Get request remain it’s history in the browser.
- Get request can be bookmarked in browser.
- get request shows the parameter in browser.
- Get request should not be used when working with sensitive data.
- Get request has restriction in data length.
- Get request id useful for retrieve the data
- Get request only allowed ASCII character.
- Get request is easier to hack for script kiddies
POST Method :
- POST request never cached in browser.
- POST request do not remain it’s history in the browser.
- POST request cannot be bookmarked.
- POST request do not shows parameter in browser.
- POST request is used to dealing with sensitive data.
- POST request has no restriction in data length.
- POST request allowed all data type (also Binary data).
- Very difficult to hack.
This is the most common difference between GET and POST method